1. Some people believe that certain types of clothes … their appearance.
a. reduce b. recycle c. enhance d. expect
2. It's best to cook vegetable in a small … of water.
a. degree b. depth c. pattern d. amount
3. It seems a good idea, but without knowing all the facts it's hard to … .
a. judge b. react c. distract d. create
4. One way to help protect our environment is to … things like bottles and newspapers.
a. decrease b. recycle c. increase d. pollute
5. There is a lot of concern about the effects of … on health.
a. extinction b. pollution c. occasion d. production
6. Parents try to create a happy home … for their children to grow up in.
a. temperature b. statement c. environment d. guarantee
7. In September, these birds migrate 2000 miles south to a warmer … .
a. field b. climate c. greenhouse d. ocean
8. In developed countries, trash believed to be … is burned to produce energy.
a. similar b. popular c. useless d. harmful
9. The greenhouse effect … by human activities is dangerous for the planet.
a. enhanced b. guaranteed c. heated d. polluted
10. Factories burning coal and oil help … pollution and put our lives in danger.
a. damage b. increase c. destroy d. include
11. My main … about moving to
a. damage b. exhaust c. concern d. fact
12. The study shows a relationship between lung diseases and air … .
a. atmosphere b. wildlife c. pollution d. extinction
13. The test shows that the … of iron in her blood is too low.
a. rise b. period c. case d. level
14. Is there any … reason why he doesn't want to come to the meeting?
a. particular b. useless c. effective d. wonderful
15. As you get older, … weight puts a lot of pressure on the heart.
a. effective b. reduced c. excess d. useless
16. Car … is the main reason for the city's pollution.
a. station b. exhaust c. fossil d. greenhouse
17. Can you give me a /an … that the work will be completed by the end of the week?
a. material b. guarantee c. item d. cost
18. We want clean rivers and lakes, where you can swim without … to your health.
a. contrast b. inaction c. pollution d. risk
19. The plane … speed as it neared the airport.
a. reduced b. produced c. defined d. enhanced
20. The strategy you have chosen could … more problems than it solves.
a. cause b. solve c. stop d. trap
21. In near future, … energy can be used to heat homes and to make electricity.
a. passive b. regional c. solar d. windy
1. The man … next door is a famous doctor.
a. that live b. living c. to live d. lived
2. The building … in the fire has now been rebuilt.
a. destroying b. was destroying c. was destroyed d. destroyed
3. I don't like the stories … happy endings.
a. having b. have c. had d. has
4. Some of the people … by the police have been released.
a. catching b. to catch c. caught d. that are catching
5. His father works for a company … washing machines.
a. make b. made c. making d. that is made
6. A dictionary is a useful book … you the meaning of words.
a. given b. gave c. giving d. by giving
7. It seems the earth is only planet … life.
a. supporting b. that support c. supported d. support
8. We've spent all our money. We've got a little … .
a. leaving b. that leaves c. left d. that left
9. The police never found the money … in the robbery.
a. to steal b. stolen c. stealing d. stole
10. The girl … in the accident was taken to hospital.
a. injuring b. that injured c. injured d. to injure
11. Some of the people … to the party can't come.
a. inviting b. invited c. to invite d. that invited
12. Bottles and cans … to be useless can be recycled.
a. believed b. to believe c. believing d. that believe
13. A new factory … 500 people has just opened in the town.
a. employed b. employing c. is employing d. has employed
14. The window … in the storm last night has now been repaired.
a. to break b. breaking c. broken d. broke
15. What was the name of the man … by the police?
a. catching b. was caught c. to catch d. who was caught
16. The company sent me a catalogue … all the information I needed.
a. contained b. that containing c. to contain d. containing
17. There was a big red car … outside the door.
a. parking b. to park c. parked d. that parked
18. The strategy … to control pollution in
a. planned b. planning c. which planned d. which is planning
19. The road … the two villages is not wide enough.
a. joins b. joined c. joining d. will be joined
20. Who were those people … outside?
a. waiting b. waited c. that wait d. who will wait
21. Do you know the woman … to Masoud?
a. talked b. talking c. were talking d. who were talked